How Can I Help My Child Benefit From Preschool?
- Show interest and enthusiasm for their work by asking about the day's activities, reviewing their papers, etc.
- Dress your child in play clothes that are suitable to the weather conditions.
- Be punctual every day so your child won't feel rushed and miss outon something. Express the importance of regular attendance.
- Spend time at home reading, telling stories, singing songs, playing music, etc. Limit TV time and video games.
- Provide opportunities for helping with "chores" and stess the importance of self-reliance.
- Read the monthly calendars and letters that come home to reinforce what is happening in the classroom.
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."